Deployzone entities (also known internally as territory brushes) are used to determine where territories exist within a map. They are brush based entities using the textures/common/trigger texture. A player can only deploy inside a deployzone volume that is active for their team (and only on green areas of the deploy mask.) Team base deployzones do not change over the course of match, whereas in most other cases deployzones are granted to the attacking team when an objective is completed.
In the example map there are five deployzone entities;
Vehicles and deployzones
The deployzones are also used to spawn vehicles for the attacking team when they gain territory. When the attacking team loses territory, any of their vehicles associated with the deployzone are destroyed. Vehicles are associated with deployzones by targeting deployable_spawn_<vehiclename> entities. In the example map you will see target paths, originating from the deployzone, leading to the vehicles. Note that they are targeted using target_gdf1,target_strogg1 and so on. This lets the game know which vehicles to spawn/destroy when territory changes hands.
- The greyscale territory image on the command map. This changes to red or green depending on which teams owns the territory.
- The team which owns the territory at map start.
- First vehicle granted to the GDF when they own the territory.
- Second vehicle granted to the GDF when they own the territory.
- First vehicle granted to the Strogg when they own the territory.
- Second vehicle granted to the Strogg when they own the territory. We have already added the vehicles associated with the bridge territory
- MCP is deployed in this deployzone.
We have already added the vehicles associated with the outpost territory
We have already added the vehicles associated with the shield territory
Common entity keys
These key pairs are common across all deployzones;
- The playzone entity used to determine the bounds of the map territories.
The deployzone entities require the following entity keys;