Adding a Shield Generator hack objective
A Strogg shield generator objective requires two components; The shield generator and the SSM target, which the shield protects until it is hacked.
Strogg shield generator
The shield generator can be placed in the map by adding the gameplay_strogg_shield_generator_caller entity. The shield generator will fall from the sky when the MCP captures the outpost.
Guidelines and Required keys
- The shield needs just one key pair, the target matches the name of the entity which the SSM destroys. For example, in Valley, the shield generator targets the corner of the facility.
- Adjust the height of the shield so the nodraw plane is flush the terrain. Since the shield has no clear base it helped keep the hackable panel a consistent height across the maps.
- The shield generator falls from the sky, be sure to place it in an open area, such as a courtyard.
The SSM target is an "gameplay/destructible" entity. In a typical ETQW map it was a door or structure preventing access to the next objective. In the example map it is just a box hiding the final objective.
guidelines and required keys
The following keys are required:
- Team which the objective belongs to.
- Show status in the game. Status of the entity under the crosshair. Possibly no longer in use. FIXME
- Name of the entity under the crosshair. Possibly no longer in use. FIXME
- The health. Low value ensures the SSM destroys it. Probably hard coded to always destroy. FIXME
- Script object.
- Possibly no longer in use. FIXME
- Objective index. Since this is the third objective, it is 2. First objective is always 0.
- Icon which signifies how the objective is completed.
- Means that only the SSM will destroy the objective.
- The type of damage to deal to players when the objective is destroyed.
Be sure to name your gameplay/destructible entity so that is matches the target of the gameplay_strogg_shield_generator_caller entity.
The following worldspawn key is needed for the gameplay_strogg_shield_generator_caller: