RenderLight bakes lighting into a set of diffuse tiles outputted from MegaGen, based on the map's atmosphere settings and using the local normal-map tiles to bake in accurate fine detail.
RenderLight will try to use all tiles it finds in a folder. If you compile a large MegaTexture and then a smaller one afterwards, make sure to clean out the old tiles first, or your MegaTexture may end up looking broken!
- The output files can be found in the base game folder, under <span style="padding: 0 0.5ex; background: #def;" title="A file or folder named 'megatextures/<mapname>_lit_x_y.tga'">megatextures/<mapname>_lit_x_y.tga
- Bake lighting - adds in the sunlight contribution to the output
- same as -preMulLighting on the command line
- Bake ambient - adds in the ambient light color to the output
- same as -preMulAmbient on the command line